7 Features Builders Are Leaving Out Of New Homes In 2012
- Outdoor Kitchens & Fireplaces– Pegged as a way to spend a lot of money that could go into features that are used more (especially in the Pacific Northwest).
- 2 Story Entries & 2 Story family rooms. Vaulted is as far as we get but we’re cutting out the massive air volume.
- Media Rooms. Yep, they had a short life. Media is moving more central into the family and living rooms.
- 40 showerhead showers. Nobody gets full use of them anyway. This will get toned down to multiple but much less.
- Ditto on the whirlpool tubs. Finally! No one uses these either. Tubs will stay but will be more of a statement and less motorized.
- Formal Living Rooms. The transition to the great room concept is complete. Most families still need a family room or bonus room, it just won’t be a living room.
- Ditto on Formal Dining Rooms. We are elimiating the many rooms and making larger open rooms.